Wednesday, March 19, 2008

First post!!!!!

Hello! I'm writing this blog for purely selfish reasons - I've wanted to program games since I was a kid but have only once finished a project: a Nibbles clone with death sequences in DOS (I'll put up the exe if anyone's interested). A friend suggested that a blog can help so hopefully some sort of guilt for updating this blog will override my incredible laziness. He's got a game engine in development too and has made a lot of progress, it looks fantastic and you can see it on his blog - feel free to make me feel better and undermine him and his engine :)

So what'll my game be then? I don't know yet, but my ambitions are high - basically I'd like a procedurally created universe with super-intelligent AI with a combined RPG/FPS/Flight/Driving/Adventure gameplay that's fecking awesome. People will become addicted to my game and it will create world peace. Oh and I'll get the ride off of some hot groupies. But I've got to start somewhere, so here we go - a terrain (bit of land) generated with fault formation (raise sections of the land randomly) and lit with height lighting (the higher the whiter). These are real terrain basics so I won't go into detail (unless someone needs it).


Looks ok for a first go, but there are these weird artefacts, kinda like teeth, no idea what they are...
Until next time!

No comments: